Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Ugh, again.

Taylar is sick, AGAIN. We just got her back and she was so happy all the time and running around talking etc., and now she's sick again. I got up this morning at 3:00 to get ready for work and I heard her coughing and start crying so I went into her room and she hadn't thrown up, but was upset. So I laid her down. About a half hour later she did it again but this time I could tell it was different Ir an in there and she had thrown up a little and I picked her up and she threw up all over me and her blanket. I had to go to work so I left her with Joey and he called me at 6:30 saying she had thrown up 3 more times. He called her doctors at 8:00 when they opened and they told us to just give her water slowly and then start introducing foods again. So we did this and she hasn't thrown up again (crossing fingers here) but she is still pretty lethargic. When I got home from work at 10:00 she was exhausted, she'd been up since 3:00 basically. So I laid her down and she took a 3 hour nap. After that she seemed like she was feeling better so we went to Joey's uncle 's funeral. She started to feel really warm after a while and when we got home tonight at 6:00 I took her temperature again and it had risen from 99.1 to 101.5. I gave her some Motrin so hopefully we will beat this thing. I'm hoping it's just a 24 hour thing. She was in such a good mood last night I never would have expected this. It's a good thing I'm off everyday by 11:00 this week so that I can be here with her. Most of the time her aunt andrea who is a pediatric nurse will be with her until I get home so that is a really good thing. I think if she doesn't get better by wednesday or if her fever gets worse I will call the doctor.

1 comment:

aubrey said...

Poor thing. I feel for you both. It seems like this cold virus stays around for about a month, just when you think they are better it hits them again. I hope she gets better soon.