Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Movie

I went and saw the Twilight movie. My Rating 6.5 or a 7 out of 10. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than I expected. If you want to know what I thought go below but be warned its spoilery. (warning its very long, lol)

It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I expected something much worse based on the clips I've seen etc. Rob still isn't my first choice as Edward but he did ok i guess. He made him TOO torchered and not as much of gentleman as I would have preffered. Plus his dialect was off a lot of the time because he was trying to mask his British accent.

Kristin Stewart so so as Bella. Not as monotone as I thought she was going to be, but her lines still fell flat sometimes.

I loved Bella's school friends.. They were perfect and just like in the book. Also Billy Black was cast very well as was Charlie. He was awesome. He didn't look like I pictured, but then again no one ever does. He did a fantastic job though. So did the guy who played James.

The character that was truest to who they are in the book I thought was Emmett. He was really good, as was Rosalie. I mean looks wise she wasn't what I would have wanted, but her dislike of Bella was done in a natural way. I also liked Alice a lot. Carlisle was good as far as acting goes, but I hated that you could see his dark roots through the blonde die. Esme was cast well and Jasper just looked ridiculous.

In no particular order:

Scenes I liked:

1.) the whole ballet studio thing was awesome. The fight with james etc was done great and Bella after she was bit was good.

2.) The baseball scene was so cool. I liked Edward and Emmett crashing into each other and laughing on the ground and I liked Emmett telling Rosalie to cool down and Alice pitching.

3.) I liked the makeout scene, yes I'm girly, it could have been hotter, but it was good.

4.) basically all the scenes with her school friends cracked me up. and I'm pretty sure I went to school with a guy (or should I say MARRIED a guy) very reminesent of Eric.

5.) When Edward takes Bella to his house for the first time and all the cullens are making her dinner "is she even Italian" " uh, her names, Bella, duh"

6.) The whole part of her in Port Angelas was good, from the guys coming onto her and Edward yelling at her to get in the car and them then at dinner.

Scenes I didn't:

1.) Worst acted scene in the whole movie was when Bella first walked into Biology and Edward is trying not to breathe around her. Rob SO over acted that scene it was uncomfortable and awkward just to even watch.

2.) I was very upset they changed the meadow scene. This was the one scene that should have stayed the same since it is what the entire series was stemmed from. It should have felt romantic, but to me it lacked that. Plus Edward in the sun looked goofy and not as dramatic as I thought it would after reading the end part of New Moon. The whole vampire reveal scene was anit-climatic and it was hard to think of this as the turning point in the show. It was hard to buy into Bella wanting to be a vampire in the end when it felt like the movie wasn't based on romance too much.

3.) I was sad they took out them questioning each other relentlessly. Thats one of my favorite parts of the book and it sort sucked that we didn't get to see it.

4.) I was upset they changed the "You are exactly my brand of heroin" line. Thats one of my favorites from the book, but then again like I said before the whole meadow scene was different. I also wish they would have included the lines "It would be more prudent for you not to be my friend but I'm tired of trying to stay away from you Bella." and "all I could think was, Not her" But then again I can't complain because a lot of the dialogue was straight from the book. and they did include the Lion and Lamb quote in its entirety.

5.) I could have done without some of the special effects (esp the running up the mountain and climbing trees).

I know I mostly focused on the negative, but really it wasn't that bad, I really did like it. The Ending scene is pretty cool. They set it up for a sequel perfectly which already got the green light to shoot and be released in 2010.

I would recommend it to people who've read the books and people who realize they aren't going in to see an Oscar contender. It was good for what it was and who it was aimed for. I wish there was more of a romantic feel to it though.

No comments: