Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Taylar's Birthday Cake


This year is the first year I've ever had to make Taylar's cake. My awesome sis in law (come visit her blog here: Spatula City Cakes usually makes all of Taylar's cakes. However, since she moved to Arizona that has left me in charge. I swear I have been stressing over this cake for months. I had different visions of what I wanted and then saw a Disney's Car's cake shaped in a number 5 and thought, yes thats perfect!! I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. The Flynn Rider she already had (she had a Rapunzel but lost it a few months ago). The Rapunzel came from one of her presents she is going to get at her birthday party on wednesday night. The tower I got from The Disney Family website. Mine obviously isn't anywhere as close to as good as theirs. I only added the single part of the tower instead of the added part like on theirs. I wanted it to sit a little more balanced on the cake. I put tinfoil on it and frosted it up. The tower didn't turn out as great as I'd hoped but it still will work and she will be happy. I did pain the inside of the tower to look like the walls of the tower in the movie. I also made a paper lantern as a decoration for her party. I had originally planned on having the fake tea light candles under it and to have it sitting as a display, but you couldn't see the light so I decided to hang it over the table instead.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

It turned out brilliant Heather!!! I love it! And you were worried! Silly! Wish we could be there for her party. Give her a kiss and hug from all of us!