Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Holy Moley Batman, Heath Ledger is AMAZING

So I went and saw Batman today. OMG, i thought it was good, but Heath Ledgers performance was jaw dropping. they say he will probably get nominated for an Oscar for it and I think he deserves to win. No, not because he died, but because he MADE you forget he was Heath Ledger. He was so disturbed and frightening. I really got anxious watching the joker onscreen because you really had no idea what he was going to do next. And the thing about the character was there was nothing redeeming about him. You really did not understand his motivation or anything, he was just a crazy sociopathic killer. I was just in awe that Heath transformed himself the way he did, the makeup, the way he talked, the way he walked, acted, everything he was no longer Heath Ledger, he was the Joker. I hope he gets his nomination and I hope he wins. Also christian Bale is defintiely my favorite Batman. and I love love love Michael Cain as Alfred. I hope they make another movie. It was a little long and some of it could be cut out, but I really didn't pay attention to the time too much because you get pretty engulfed in it, and honestly heath is a huge part of that reason. I hope that people who don't see this don't think that Heath will get a nomination just because he died, he honestly deserves it. I think its easy now days to be dramatic etc, it seems everyone plays the same roles and get Oscars for it, but to transfer yourself so completely, so opposite and disturbing is truly great acting!! I know they have said that the reports that said his portrayal of the Joker contributed to his death are not really true, but I could see how you would think it could be a contributing factor, he was creepy.

No comments: