Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

California day 1

So we are finally in California. We went to the airport on Saturday morning at 7:00 am hoping that we would get a seat on the plane since we were flying buddy pass, after waiting for two flights and not getting on, we decided to wait for just one more and if we didn't get on that flight, we would drive instead. Kathy and Josh ended up getting on right away. They had room for one more in our party, either Joey or Andrea based on priority levels of flying. We instead convinced them to let Kathy and Josh bring Taylar with them, having her ride on Kathy's lap. So Joey, Taylar, and I drove her and did it in about 10 hours, I was pretty proud of us. We are staying in Hunnington Beach at a cute little beachouse about 2 miles from the actual beach.

Today we went to a swap meet. It was so hot and miserable. we, as in the hooton part of this hooton/joseph trip, decided that we wanted to leave early since none of us were having fun. Then later on we decided to go to the beach. Taylar LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED the beach. She had So much fun standing and letting the waves break around her feet. We of course held her hands so she wouldn't get washed away. she could have stayed there all day if we let her, but I made her come up and play in the sand away from the water for a bit because she kept shivering. I boody boarded for the first time in my life. It was So much fun and I think I'm a natural, lol. I started catching really big waves and riding them in. I was pretty impressed with myself since I'm usually a big chicken. I had to stop though after I tried to avoid a body surfer by rolling over with my board and having two huge waves crash on my one right after another.

I'm going to post the pictures in a different post cause there are a lot. I think tomorrow we are planning on going to the beach again. Tuesday is the day I am looking forward to the most. We are taking Taylar to Sea world. She is obsessed with sharks and dolphins so I can't wait to see her reaction. I hope she will touch the dolphins, but she is usually a chicken about that sort of thing.

1 comment:

aubrey said...

OK first I have to say that you look GREAT Heather! My first though "Wow Heather looks great, why can't I look like that in a swim suit?" Seriously.

It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. Tay looks so cute in her little blue swim coverall, what a little bathing beach beauty! I hope you trip goes well and that you are all safe.

I can't wait to hear about Tay and Sea World!

{afterthought} I suppose since I have said nice things about you and Tay I should mention Joey too!

Joey you look handsome in your shirt and shorts!!!!