Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Very Sad News

Tonight Joey's Grandpa Bob passed away. He is the one we bought our Bravada from. Joey went over there tonight to help him set up his new email. While he was there they were all sitting around eating and his grandpa kept trying to cough and said his throat burned. His grandma told him to go into the other room and relax. As he was walking out of the room he started to lose his balance and his knees were shaking. Joe ran over and they turned him on his side because Joey was worried that he was having a seizure. They called 911 and an ambulance came and too him to St. Marks. I stayed with Josh and Taylar ( Tay and I were at Joe's parents during this) taking them to my house. Joey came home a couple hours later and told me they were going to put a stint in his grandpa because he had some blocked arteries which led to the heart attack. HE had only been home for a few minutes when Andrea called him and told him that things were not looking good so Joe decided to take Josh and go back to the hospital. He called me just a few minutes ago and said not long after he got there they heard yells from his grandpa's room for a code blue and a bunch of hospital staff rushed in. He said they were doing CPR on him, but that the doctors took them to the conference room, where you take families of patients who have died. He snuck out to call me and let me know what was going on. He said the doctor told them that they didn't expect him to make it and that the CPR was not helping. I have not heard anything else. Joey is still at the hospital right now.

I feel so sad. I feel horrible because I was not always that wonderful around his grandpa and we weren't close or anything. He was a really good man though and he was always very nice to me and loved Taylar very much. It's scary how quickly life changes, how fast people are taken from you without any notice. He has not been sick in any sort of way that would make us think something like this was going to happen anytime soon. It breaks my heart for all of Joey's family. I love them so much and wish there was something I could do to help. I know first hand what it is like to lose someone so close, and can obviously relate to what Joey's dad is going through. I just hope I can be there for them in anyway that they need me. So please keep Joe and his family, especially his Grandma Pat and his dad, Nelson, in your prayers as they deal with this difficult time.

Here is a picture of him with Taylar last Halloween.


2 comments:

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

I'm so sorry. It's crazy how fragile life is. Give Joey a big hug for me.

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

potty training advice...Um, I just basically kept Mae home for a couple of days and just had her running around with undies or nothing at all on. Every hour I would ask her if she needed to go. That's when it really worked, just doing that. she still is getting the hang of it, but for the most part, she has learned when it's time to go and where to go.